Losing excess weight is arguably one of the biggest aspirations in the world today. Virtually everyone is talking about shedding of some excess pounds. Eating habits have made people gain a lot of weight in a short while. Shedding off that weight becomes a daunting task for many. The process is normally difficult and excruciating. It does not have to be that way though. One of the common exercises use to lose weight is jumping rope. Jumping rope is a simple cardio exercise that is very effective as far as losing weight is concerned.
One of the best things about jumping rope is that anyone can do it, so long as he or she can stand up. You also do it at your own pace. We seek to educate you about various aspects of exercising, losing weight and keep fit. We want you are able to live a healthy life by informing you about the various exercises you can engage in to achieve your desired results. This is a comprehensive guide of how you can use a jump rope to burn more calories. Tag along and let’s help you shed off those extra pounds.
How to Jump Rope for Weight Loss
Jumping rope is a very effective and convenient cardio exercise for people looking to lose weight. Jumping rope is simple, and works both your upper and lower body. Jumping rope helps you to attack virtually all the muscles in your body. That makes it one of the most effective exercises as far as weight loss is concerned. You can use the following routine for weight loss.
- Get a sped beaded or plastic jump rope. This rope is more durable than a cotton one, and it whips faster. It will help you have an intense workout.
- Measure the rope to ensure it fits your height. Stand in the middle of the rope, and both ends should extend to your armpits.
- Hold both ends of the rope at your hip level, and ensure your upper arms remain close to your sides. Pull your shoulders back, and arch your chest in front. Start jumping slightly, just giving the rope enough space to pass under your feet. Make the jumps small and consistent, and jump 10-15 times. This is just the basic jump.
- Jump the basic jump every day, and keep try to fit in as many jumps as possible in 15-20 minutes. Ensure you keep your body in the right posture.
- Strength training circuit. This is where the real weight loss begins. After you have mastered the basic jump, with your jump rope, create a 15-minute jump circuit. The circuit should consist of the following;
- Jump for the first minute with your feet held together
- Immediately do 20 lunges, 10 on each side
- Go back to jumping rope for another 1 minute
- Drop the rope and do 10 pushups
- Jump rope of another 1 minute, then rest for 10 seconds.
- Go through this circuit two times, with a minute of rest in between.
- Best Water Bottles
- Best Swim Cap To Keep Hair Dry
- Best Sports Watches for Women
- Best Sports Watches for Men
- Best Smoothie Blenders
- Best Rowing Machines
- Best Recumbent Bike
- Best Kettlebells
- Best Headbands for Running
- Best Exercise Bikes
- Best Crossfit Jump Ropes
- Best Adjustable Dumbbells
- Best Stepper Machines
- Best Trampolines
- Best Whey Protein
- Best Home Gyms
- Best Inversion Tables
- Best Pull Up Bars
- Best Treadmill 2019 For Home
- Best Elliptical Exercise Machine Reviews