A sports watch is a great accessory to have. They not only help you track time, but also help you with your fitness. Modern sports watches for men have some very impressive features. They double up as fashion accessories and fitness watches. A sports watch should certainly be more than a tool you use to check time. There are many other ways to track time today anyway. Sports watches for man have seen tremendous improvement over recent years. Today, we have some of the most sophisticated and technologically advanced sports watches. Having the best sports watch will ensure you achieve much more within your tight schedule.
There are many types of sports watches for men available in the market. Finding the best one may not be a very simple task. We took out time to review various sports watches for men to find out they compare against each other. This is a review of various sports watches for men. The review will highlight the respective features of the sports watches as well as their pros and cons. The information can help you narrow down to your best-suited sports watch. Tag along and let’s get you the best sports watch. First, below is a quick snippet of the various sports watches featured in the review.
Best Sports Watches for Men 2018
- Samsung Gear S3– this watch has a distinctive rotatable steel bezel and a water and dust resistant build.
- Casio Rescue Concept– This watch has the G-shock protection system and a chronograph with 12 and 24-hour systems.
- Samsung SM-R600NZKAXAR – this watch boasts of Bluetooth connectivity and water resistivity of up to 50 meters.
- Seiko Diver SKX009K1 – This watch has a unidirectional bezel and a scratch resistant hardlex crystal construction
- Garmin Fenix 5X Sapphire – this watch has fantastic aesthetics and the GPS positioning system.
- Garmin Vivoactive 3 – this watch has a full-color display and great exterior aesthetics. It has GPS too.
- Apple Watch Series 3 – this watch is only compatible with Apple devices. It is a great fitness and notifications tracker.
- Casio GA100A-7A – This watch has the G-shock system can read time in various world time zones.
- Casio Pathfinder – This is a great option for going hiking. The watch has great water and shock resistivity.
- Casio GD-100-1B – This is yet another durable watch. It is a military grade watch perfect for navigation. It has the G-shock system and a digital compass.
Samsung is a big brand. You expect quality and exquisite product whenever the name is mentioned. The Samsung Gear S3 watch is exactly that. A quality watch with an exquisite finish. It has a myriad of impressive features too.
- The watch has a distinctive rotatable steel bezel
- It has Bluetooth connectivity for text and calls notifications
- It has the Samsung pay capability
- It is water and dust resistant
- The watch is very durable. It is a military grade watch
- The Bluetooth connectivity is very convenient
- It has very attractive aesthetics
- The watch is very versatile. It is compatible with both Android and iOS platforms.
- The S voice assistant is rather rudimentary. There are more improved options for a watch of that caliber
- The rotation hinges of the bezel feel loose and make weird sounds
The Samsung G3 seems like an all-round sports watch. It is more than just a time tracker. It has impressive features, and it is durable. You will certainly love having this watch on your wrist. It is one of the best fitness watches for men.
Casio is the single largest producer of wrist watches. The Rescue Concept is one of their military grade masterpieces. This watch comes with some of the best features you will find on a wristwatch. The watch is built to last.
- The watch has the G-shock shock resistance system
- It has a chronograph with 12 and 24-hour systems
- It comes with a 50mm resin case
- It features Japanese quartz movement
- It has 29-time zones and multiple stopwatches
- The watch has a very durable build
- It is water resistant
- It has a low-temperature LCD that has a backlight
- The shock absorbent system protects it from mechanical shock
- The settings protocol of the watch is a bit complicated
The Casio Rescue Concept does not fall very far from the ultimate sports watch for men. It is a military grade watch. You can expect it to last very long. The watch is available on Amazon, and it has attracted very impressive reviews. It is a great waterproof sports watch.
The Samsung SM-R600NZKAXAR is yet another masterpiece from Samsung. The watch comes with a very intricate finish. It has a great deal of attention to detail. It is a great fitness watch. You get to track how many calories you have burned as well as follow on some other fitness parameters. It is the best sports watch with the heart rate monitor that we have in the review.
- It has Samsung pay compatibility
- It is water resistant up to a depth of 50 meters
- It has Bluetooth connectivity
- It has a fitness tracking feature
- It has a heart rate monitor
- The watch has a strong and robust build
- It gets you notifications from your phone
- The fitness tracking feature is very resourceful for a fitness enthusiast
- The watch is very versatile. It is compatible with Android and iOS platforms.
- The Heart Rate reading is not precise. They are inaccurate when you sweat.
The Samsung SM-R600NZKAXAR does not seem to lack much as far as a great fitness watch is concerned. The watch feels great on the wrist and has great manly looking exterior features. It is a fantastic option for anyone looking for a fitness assistant. It is one of the best running watches.
The Seiko Diver SKX009K1 is yet another top-rated men’s stopwatch. It is a fantastic military grade watch. As the name suggests, it is a divers’ watch with a very water resistivity with a very solid stainless-steel casing.
- The watch has a unidirectional bezel
- It has a scratch resistant hardlex crystal
- It has 43 mm diameter stainless steel casing
- It is fitted with a rubber dive style strap with buckle closure
- The watch is strongly built
- It has impressive water resistivity
- It has a very attractive exterior
- It comes with a power reserve that ensures it runs for long
- The bezel rotation is a bit difficult to rotate
- The band is very stiff
The Seiko Diver SKX009K1 does not fall short of much as far as a great sports watch is concerned. The watch has a durable build and a myriad of other impressive features. You should see the reviews it attracts on Amazon. They are quite encouraging. It is one of the best waterproof watches for men.
The Garmin Fenix 5X Sapphire is yet another phenomena sports watch for men. It has an intricate finish that stands out. It is a multisport watch with full color and GPS. The watch has a myriad of other impressive features, and you are bound to love it.
- Its bezel, buttons and rear case are made of stainless steel.
- Has GPS and GLONASS for navigation.
- It is fitted with full-color TOPO U.S. mapping and routable cycling maps.
- It comes with preloaded run profiles.
- Reliable as it is a multipurpose watch
- Its battery is long-lasting
- Fitted with useful built-in maps
- Its exterior design is attractive
- To some people, it seems heavy
When it comes to aesthetics, Garmin Fenix 5X Sapphire is ahead of the pack. It has arguably all that you would want on a sports watch. The watch has lived up to the expectations of may customers who have bought it before. It will live up to yours too. It is one of the best athletic watches.
The Garmin Vivoactive 3 is yet another amazing sports watch from Garmin. It has GPS and a full-color display. The watch also features the intricate attractive finish synonymous with Garmin wrist watches. Check out its features below.
- Fitted with an optical heart rate monitor
- It has GPS/GLONASS
- It comes with Garmin Connect IQ apps
- The battery lasts for 7 days upon charging. On GPS it lasts for 13 hours.
- Its battery life is long
- Convenient as it has a reliable heart rate monitor
- Reading the display is very easy
- Lacks onboard music storage
- Its coaching elements are limited
The Garmin Vivoactive 3 has impressive deliverables. It is available on Amazon, and it has attracted very impressive reviews. It is a great watch that delivers robust performance and could double up as a fashion statement as well. It is arguably the best GPS watch for running.
The Apple Watch Series 3 is a great manly sports watch from the Apple brand. It has wireless connectivity, but unfortunately, Apple products have closed compatibility. It is only compatible with iOS devices. It has very impressive features though.
- It is fitted with a heart rate monitor
- Has a built-in GPS
- Its battery life is 18 hours
- It is water-resistant to 50 meters
- Can be used anywhere as it is water-resistant
- Its screen is clear and bright
- Has a long battery life
- Fitted with reliable fitness features
- It is only compatible with iPhone
- For a 4G model, it is very expensive
The Apple Watch Series 3 does not fall short of much. If you are an apple products enthusiast, this is the sports watch for you. It will help you track your fitness, as well as get notifications from your phone. Its aesthetics are fantastic too. You will certainly love it.
We have yet another Casio watch, the Casio GA100A-7A. Casio watches are domineering and are very durable. The Casio GA100A-7A is not any different. It comes with a shock absorbing system and a myriad of other amazing features.
- Fitted with an anti-magnetic resin case
- Resistant to water to 200m
- It comes with a tachometer
- It has 4-LCD digital displays
- Reliable as it is water-resistant
- Its battery is long-lasting
- Its construction is durable
- It can withstand extreme environments as it is fitted with shock resistant technology
- It is big especially for people with small hands
- Its busy face design makes checking the time a bit harder
The Casio GA100A-7A seems like a strongly built military grade watch. This sports watch can help you with navigation. It is a fantastic multipurpose watch. This kind of watch is the epitome of a watch is more than just a time tracker.
We have yet another masterpiece from Casio, the Casio Pathfinder. This is a triple-sensor sports watch with a myriad of functions. It is a fantastic watch that delivers and robust and impressive performance. Its features below will get you excited right away.
- Water-resistant to 100m
- Fitted with a dual-layer LCD
- It is fitted with an altimeter, barometer, thermometer, and compass
- It comes with a solar power system
- Convenient as it is lightweight
- Fitted with a high-pitched alarm thus easily heard
- Has a power-saver mode. Therefore, the battery lasts long
- Easy to navigate in unknown areas as it has a compass
- Its resin band is stiff, therefore, sometimes uncomfortable to wear
- Unreliable in areas with minimal sunshine
The Casio Pathfinder is almost the ultimate sports watch for men. It has all that you would want on a sports watch. It is a military grade watch with very impressive features. It has overwhelmingly positive reviews on Amazon. They are proof of the almost unrivaled prowess of the watch.
10) Casio GD-100-1B
We close off the review with yet another watch from the Casio brand, further cementing its position as one of the best brands. The Casio GD-100-1B is yet another military-grade watch with the top of the range features. This is the watch you want on your wrist next time you go hiking.
- Has five independent alarms
- Resistant to shock and water to 200m
- Fitted with auto LED Backlight
- It comes with Full Auto Calendar
- Reliable in extreme environments as it is resistant to shock and water
- Easy to use as it has a large digital display face
- Convenient as it has five independent alarms that are loud enough
- Can be used conveniently at night
- Lacks reliable fitness features
The Casio GD-100-1B does not fall short of much. It is a fantastic watch with some very impressive features. You will certainly love the performance of this watch. It has some of the best features you can find on a sports watch.
Best Sports Watches for Men 2018 – Buyer’s Guide
The reviews above should help you better understand what a great sports watch entails. Before narrowing down to any specific sports watch, you need to consider a few factors. The factors revolve around the features of the watches and your intended use. The watch you get should be able to serve you well. The factors are;
- The Size
The watches above have different sizes. You need a watch that can sit comfortably on your wrist. Be sure to compare the size of the wrist and the watch. Fortunately, many of the watches have straps designed to accommodate many wrist sizes. The size also affects the aesthetics of the watch. It is upon you to decide which size works best for you.
The watches above have different functionalities. As remarked earlier, a modern watch should be more than just a time tracking tool. The more functionalities the watch has, the more desirable it is. You should make sure the functionalities are efficient though. There is no point in having many functionalities that are not efficient. For instance, the parameters the watch displays about your fitness should be accurate.
Ultimately the price of the watch will determine which watch you are going to get. It is always important that you get value for your money. Take time to compare the various watches that are within your budget and find out which one delivers the most value for you. The watches may have the same features but different prices. It is prudent that you don’t compromise on the quality just to saw a few dollars. Always go for the best quality that you can afford.
The reviews and buying guide above should help you narrow down to your best suited Men’s sports watch. Shopping for the best sports watch for men should now be fun. You should be able to get the best men’s sports watch for the money you have. Your next sports watch should help you stand out. It will certainly be more than just a time tracker.
- Best Water Bottles
- Best Swim Cap To Keep Hair Dry
- Best Sports Watches for Women
- Best Smoothie Blenders
- Best Rowing Machines
- Best Recumbent Bike
- Best Kettlebells
- Best Headbands for Running
- Best Exercise Bikes
- Best Crossfit Jump Ropes
- Best Adjustable Dumbbells
- Best Stepper Machines
- Best Trampolines
- Best Whey Protein
- Best Home Gyms
- Best Inversion Tables