Rowing machines are the favorite workout machine in a gym to many. They are a particular favorite if you are looking to lose weight, or tome your arms and legs. Rowing machines have continued to evolve. Today we have the most technologically advanced rowing machines. The best rowing machine will help you achieve your fitness goals faster.
There are many types of rowing machines on the market. Finding the best one may not be an easy task. When you spend money on a rowing machine, you need it to be very effective and durable. Worry less! We’ve got you covered. We took our time to compile one of the best rowing machine reviews. This is a review of various rowing machines that we have established are great. The review will highlight the respective features as well as the pros and cons of the rowing machines. After reading the review, you should be able to choose your best-suited rowing machine. Tag along and let’s get you the best rowing machine 2019. First, below is a quick snippet of the rowing machine that we are going to review.
14 Best Rowing Machines 2019
- Concept 2 Model E Rowing Machine – This is a strong low-impact rowing machine. It has a performance monitoring system that allows you to monitor your progress conveniently.
- Concept 2 Model D Rowing Machine – This a low impact rowing machine. It a great option for weight loss and hand and legs toning.
- Stamina ATS Rowing Machine – This is a foldable rowing machine. It is an excellent rowing machine for building stamina and tolerance
- Water Rower Rowing Machine – this is a handcrafted wood rowing machine. It has a water-based resistance system.
- First Degree Rowing Machine – this is a top of the range rowing machine with a sturdy and compact design. It has a water and flywheel resistance system.
- Stamina Body Trac Rowing Machine – this is a fantastic rowing machine. It has a full-range motion that allows you to exercise your arms and legs.
- Stamina Conversion II Rowing Machine – This is a combination of a rowing machine and recumbent bike. It is an excellent option for full body workouts.
- Avari Stamina Rowing Machine – This is a high-tech programmable rowing machine. It comes with pre-installed workout routines. You can install yours too.
- Lifecore R100 Rowing Machine – this is a commercial grade rowing machine. It comes with 16 levels of magnetic resistance.
New Edition: 5 More Newly Added Products (May 2019) By Our Experts
10) Merax Water Rowing Machine: The Merax rowing machine is a very effective indoor fitness tool. It is the perfect option for working out your upper body. The machine comes in a sleek and elegant finish, and would certainly look great in your gym. The rowing machine can support a weight of up to 330 lbs.
The machine also features a large LCD monitor that allows you to keep on tabs with your training activity. You are able to see your training intensity, time, strokes, calories, speed, heart rate, and many more. The machine also features water controlled resistance levels. You adjust the resistance levels by filling or draining the water tank.
11) EFITMENT Aero Air Fan Rowing Machine: The EFITMENT Aero rowing machine comes in an ergonomic design that will make your gym look classic. It features a 51.8-inch steel rail, which has a maximum weight capacity of 245 pounds. It is also fitted with four stabilizing feet to ensure you are perfectly anchored while you work out. The EFITMENT Aero machine feature a fan resistance system that delivers robust but smooth rows. The system is also maintenance free. It has a belt-drive mechanism that only requires lubrication to perform well.
The machine comes with an onboard digital display that allows you to visualize your workout progress in a split second. The display has all the essential parameters of your workout such as intensity, speed, time, heart rate, and many others.
12) Stamina Wave Water Rowing Machine 1445: The Stamina Wave is yet another rowing machine with a water-based resistance system. This machine does not disappoint in any way. The machine actually sounds and feels like you are rowing on the water. The water allows dynamic rowing and infinite resistance levels.
A siphon system is included with the machine to ensure you can easily fill or remove water from the reservoir. The machine comes with a wide and nicely contoured seat that allows you to remain comfortable throughout your workout. The rowing handle is well padded and textured to ensure you can maintain a strong and comfortable grip. The machine also boasts of a multi-function monitor that conveniently displays all your workout parameters.
13) XTERRA Fitness ERG600W Water Rower: The XTERRA fitness ERG600W is also a water rower with a very smooth and robust row. The machine offers 6 resistance levels. You just need to add or drain water from the tank. You can challenge your limits with this rowing machine. It also makes some peaceful and soothing rowing sounds, while you exercise.
The rowing machine features a large LCD console that displays all your work out parameters. You can easily monitor your work out to ensure you are working towards your goals. It also has a raised seat that helps you to get one and off it with ease. The seat is large and perfectly contoured to ensure you remain comfortable during your exercise.
14) Kettler Coach S Ergometer Rowing Machine: The Kettler Coach S Ergometer rowing machine does not disappoint in any aspect. It is a top of the range rowing machine with an induction brake system that delivers a wide range of resistance levels. The machine also has a display computer that is very precise and is well calibrated to provide accurate stats. The display unit shows the timer, distance, rowing strokes, and other workout parameters.
The machine also features a well sculptured EMPACHER seat that is fitted with top grade ball bearing rollers. It provides a smooth glide over the steel rails to ensure you row seamlessly. It also comes with a wireless chest strap that monitors and transmits your heart rate to the display unit.
14 Best Rowing Machines 2019 Reviews
The Concept 2 Model E rowing machine is a top of the range rowing machine that delivers a one of a kind performance. The machine is designed to allow a full body workout. It comes with a very convenient performance monitoring system that allows you to monitor your progress.
- Its footrests are adjustable.
- It has a nickel-plated chain.
- Its carrier weight threshold is 500 pounds.
- 2 D-cell batteries power the machine’s PMS.
- It is comfortable to handle.
- It is easily portable as it possesses caster wheels.
- It is easy to store as it is separable.
- Its welded steel construction is tough and durable.
- While fully assembled, the machine requires an ample space.
- There are protocols followed during its assembly.
The Concept 2 Model E rowing machine does not seem to disappoint in any way. It is a low-impact rowing machine, but it will undoubtedly live up to the task. Its performance cannot be called to question. It has some of the best features you will find on a rowing machine. It is arguably the best rowing machine for beginners.
The Concept 2 Model D rowing machine should be one of the exercise tools you endeavor to have. The machine comes with numerous impressive features to ensure you have a productive training session. You can use the machine to exercise your legs and arms. It has smooth and high-calorie-burning motion sequence.
- For easier movement, it has caster wheels.
- Its footrests are adjustable.
- For easier storage, the machine is separable.
- 500 pounds is the carrier weight threshold.
- Anyone can use it as it is a versatile machine.
- Its ergonomic handles facilitate a comfortable and firm grip.
- Assembly of the machine is very easy.
- The machine can be moved from one place to another very easily.
- It is inconvenient to use as it produces a lot of noise.
- It requires a spacious place due to its big size.
The Concept 2 Model D rowing machine has all the essential features expected on a great rowing machine. You will most likely be looking forward to your next rowing session if you have this machine at home. It is an excellent option for weight loss as well as cardio exercises. It is arguably the best inexpensive rowing machine.
The Stamina ATS is a fantastic rowing machine. It is equipped with a wind-resistance chain that delivers a smooth and balanced motion. The machine also allows you to monitor your workout parameters as you progress conveniently. The ergonomics are fantastic too.
- It comes with base wheels.
- It is fitted with a multifunction performance monitor.
- The machine can be folded.
- It has a shaft measuring 77’’.
- It is easy to store as it is foldable.
- It has a well-padded seat to enhance comfort.
- The machine produces little noise.
- It is easy to move it around as it has caster wheels.
- Assembling the machine is a process, which might not be easy for everyone.
- The resistance on the rows cannot be adjusted.
The Stamina ATS rowing machine, just like the name suggests can help you build stamina. It is an excellent option for high-intensity workouts. The machine will help you achieve the fitness levels you desire. It is a budget rowing machine too. It comes at a favorable price. It is arguably the best rowing machine for home. It is the best rowing machine under 500.
The Water Rower rowing machine comes in a unique design. It has a water and flywheel resistance system. The mainframe of the machine consists of handcrafted wood. The machine is also fitted with a performance monitor.
- Its flywheel is water-controlled.
- Handcrafted ash wood is used to manufacture the machine.
- Its resistance is self-regulated.
- A performance monitoring system is fitted on the machine.
- It is convenient to use as it does not make noise.
- It is made of strong materials, therefore, durable.
- It has a smooth and balanced chain motion.
- Its exterior appearance is very attractive.
- It is not foldable therefore requires a big space for storage.
- It is difficult to move it around as it is heavy and lacks caster wheels.
The Water rowing machine delivers a very smooth and balanced rowing motion. The machine has some of the best aesthetic looks. You will certainly love to have it in your home space. It has numerous impressive features, and its performance does not fall short of anything. It is one of the best rowing machines for home.
The First Degree rowing machine also has a water-based resistance system. The machine boasts of very compact and sturdy construction. The resistance levels are adjusted by adjusting the levels of water. It is an excellent option for interval training.
- It is fitted with a heart rate monitor.
- Its shaft measures 77.8’’.
- A computer display accompanies the machine.
- The fluid resistance technology is applied by the machine.
- It possesses a robust and durable construction.
- The machine does not make noise.
- It has a very smooth and durable chain motion.
- It is fitted with ergonomic handles thus comfortable to handle.
- It requires a big space for storage.
The First Degree rowing machine seems like a fantastic rowing machine. The resistance levels can be varied to be fit for anyone. The machine has excellent reviews on Amazon. It has certainly lived up to the expectations of many people.
The Stamina Body Trac rowing machine is yet another fantastic rowing machine. The machine featured full-range motion for both your hands and legs. It comes with a well-molded seat that has a smooth forward-back movement.
- Its motion is multifunction.
- It uses a hydraulic resistance system.
- Its frame is made up of steel.
- Full-range motion is featured.
- Its seat is very comfortable.
- It is a durable and robust machine.
- It is easy to store as it is foldable.
- To ensure that one’s legs are held in position, the machine is fitted with texture footplates with straps.
- Leakage may be experienced in the hydraulic system thus affecting the resistance levels and adjustments.
The Stamina Body Trac rowing machine is a top-rated rowing machine. Many rowing machine reviews have hailed it for its ability to exercise your whole body. The is the rowing machine you go for if you are serious about your fitness goals. The machine attracts very impressive reviews from various customers. It is the best rowing machine under 300.
The Stamina Conversion II is yet another fantastic rowing machine form the Stamina brand. The machine is excellent for full body workouts. It comes with numerous hi-tech features that will ensure you have an extraordinary rowing session.
- A performance monitoring system is fitted on the machine.
- Its grips are equipped with a hand pulse monitor.
- It comes with leg press pedals.
- It is equipped with a sleek multi-function electronic monitor.
- It is comfortable to handle.
- It has a recumbent bike feature which is of significant advantage.
- It facilitates full body workout.
- It is manufactured using durable construction.
- It is not foldable therefore requires big storage space.
The Stamina Conversion II is also a top of the range rowing machine. It combines the features of a rowing machine and those of a recumbent bike to deliver an awe-inspiring performance. You will undoubtedly not be disappointed by the performance of this rowing machine.
The Avari Stamina is yet another hi-tech rowing machine from Stamina. The Stamina rowing machines have dominated review, to stamp their authority in the rowing machine manufacturing industry. The machine comes with preinstalled training programs, and you can also install yours. It has many other exciting features to ensure your training sessions are seamless.
- The machine can be programmed.
- Pre-installed programs are fitted on the machine.
- It has a backlit LCD monitor.
- Its construction is made up of extruded Aluminum.
- The magnetic resistance system provides good resistance levels.
- Creating one’s program in the machine is possible.
- It is very long-lasting.
- Moving it around is difficult since it lacks the base wheels.
- It is difficult to store since it is not foldable.
The Avari Stamina is an excellent rowing machine. You will be confident that the routines you will be following are fruitful. This is the kind of rowing machine you need if you engage in intense training. The machine will help you arrive at your fitness goals much faster. This is arguably the best home rowing machine.
Lastly, we review the Lifecore R100 rowing machine. This rowing machine comes with 16 levels of magnetic resistance. It is arguably the ultimate rowing machine. It is the kind of rowing machine you find in a commercial gym.
- It is a foldable machine.
- It is fitted with four heart rate control programs.
- It has angled footrests.
- Its magnetic resistance is of 16 levels.
- The machine is very durable
- Anyone can use as it is versatile.
- It has a comfortable seat and handles.
- It is effective due to the presence of preset programs.
- It is an expensive machine.
- It is difficult moving it around since it is very heavy.
The Lifecore R100 is arguably the best rowing machine that we have in the review. It comes with the best features you can find on a rowing machine. It is very versatile and can be used by virtually anyone. You should see the reviews it attracts on Amazon. They are amazing. The machine will certainly live up to the task at hand. It is without a doubt one of the best rowing machines available on the market.
Best Rowing Machines 2019 – Buyer’s Guide
The reviews above should help you better understand the features of a good rowing machine. The machines are best-suited for different situations. As such, the best rowing machine for you may not be the best rowing machine for the next person. There are some factors you need to consider before settling on any specific rowing machine.
Factors to consider when buying rowing machines
- Space available
Before purchasing the machine, one should consider the amount of space available. If space available is limited, one may require buying a foldable one. On the other hand, if the space is big enough one can purchase any of the available rowing machines.
- The type of rowing machine
There are three types of rowing machines namely; water rowing machine, Air rowing machine and Magnetic rowing machine. All these machines have different features which need to be considered before purchase. For instance, if one prefers a rowing machine with excellent resistance, he/she may consider Water rowing machine. Magnetic rowing machine is quieter thus preferred by those who do not like noise.
- Maintenance and after sale service
When buying a rowing machine, always choose a quality brand. Quality brands possess unique features and also offer services such as delivery and installation of the machine. Maintenance and after-sales services are offered on a quality brand facilitating cost-effectiveness.
- The type of material used
The rowing machine should be manufactured using a comfortable and durable material. The material should withstand the constant sliding of the seat to avoid breakage which could lead to incurring of more costs.
The reviews and buying guide above should help you narrow down to your best-suited rowing machine. Finding the best rowing machine should no longer be such a daunting task. Your training sessions should never be the same again, while some very effective rowing machines could help you achieve your fitness goals much faster. You should be able to get the best rowing machine for the money you have.
- Best Water Bottles
- Best Swim Cap To Keep Hair Dry
- Best Sports Watches for Women
- Best Sports Watches for Men
- Best Smoothie Blenders
- Best Recumbent Bike
- Best Kettlebells
- Best Headbands for Running
- Best Exercise Bikes
- Best Crossfit Jump Ropes
- Best Adjustable Dumbbells
- Best Stepper Machines
- Best Trampolines
- Best Whey Protein
- Best Home Gyms
- Best Inversion Tables