Keeping fit has never been more important than it is now. Gyms have become a necessity in the 21st century. A great gym should offer great convenience, geared towards enabling you to reach your fitness goals faster. Working out at home comes with great convenience and a lot more benefits. Having the best home gym 2020 can be what you need to ensure you get that body you have always dreamed of. A home gym is a great resource for both you and your family. You can ensure your children grow up fit by having a home gym.
The need for a home gym has never been big as it is now. You might wonder, which home gym is the best? Gym equipment manufacturers have also moved in swiftly to cash in on the demand. There are many brands of home gyms out on the market. Some are great than others. Getting the best home gym equipment might not be very straightforward, especially if you don’t know the specifics of home gyms. There aren’t may home gym reviews available. Some home gyms are obviously better than others. When you spend your hard-earned cash on a home gym, you want a gym that can serve you with optimum efficiency.
This is a review of several carefully selected home gyms. The aim of the review is to give you a better understanding of what a great home gym should be. The review highlights the respective features, pros, and cons of the home gyms. Choosing the best home gym setup should no longer be such a difficult task. Tag along and let’s get you the best home gym. First, below is a comparison table of all the home gyms featured in the review.
21 Best Home Gyms 2020 (2020 New Additions)
|Body-Solid Home Gym Package||107’’ by 104’’ by 83’’||705 pounds||Check Price|
|Weider Ultimate Home Gym||19’’ by 8’’ by 62’’||70 pounds||Check Price|
|Bowflex Blaze Home Gym||95’’ by 38’’ by 84’’||98 pounds||Check Price|
|BodyBoss Home Gym 2.0||19’’ by 43’’ by 90’’||83 pounds||Check Price|
|Total XLS Home Gym||22.5’’ by 18.75’’ by 4.5’’||17 pounds||Check Price|
|Body Solid Powerline Home Gym||79’’ by 86’’ by 95||235 pounds||Check Price|
|Marcy Multifunctional Home Gym||51’’ by 83’’ by 83’’||315 pounds||Check Price|
|Marcy MD-9010G Home Gym||68’’ by 36’’ by 79’’||268 pounds||Check Price|
|Body Solid Powerline Home Gym||42’’ by 70’’ by 80’’||182 pounds||Check Price|
|Bayou Fitness Total Trainer Home Gym||20’’ by 48’’ by 94’’||105 pounds||Check Price|
|Powerline Home Gym||71’’ by 66’’ by 83’’||389 pounds||Check Price|
|Body- Solid Light Commercial Gym||91’’ by 73’’ by 83’’||520 pounds||Check Price|
New Edition: 9 More Newly Added Products (Updated February 2020) By Our Experts
13) Bowflex Xceed Home Gym: The Bowflex Xceed is a complete home gym with everything you need for a wholesome workout. The unit features 210 lbs. of power rod resistance, that can be upgraded to 310 lbs. or 410 lbs. depending on your requirements. The unit will allow you to engage in over 65 exercises that target the chest, shoulders, back arms, abs, and legs.
The Bowflex gym comes with 7 workout regimens. You can use it as your personal trainer. It is made of heavy duty steel, and it is quite durable. You can be certain it will keep its shape and keep you in shape for many decades.
14) XMark Functional Trainer : The XMark cable machine does not disappoint in any aspect. Whether you are looking to hit your chest, shoulders, abs, or quads, the XMark unit has something for you. It comes with accessories such as triple chrome chinning triangle, triceps rope, single grip handles, and many more. It is one of the most versatile home gym units that you will come across. The unit is also versatile in terms of the people that can use it. The heights and levels of resistance are easily adjustable.
The frame is made of heavy-duty 11-gauge steel. You can be certain it is not bending or losing shape any time soon. It is an impressive unit with a commercial grade pull up rig and pulley system that deliver smooth movements. You can be certain the unit will last for long.
15) Ironcompany.com BodyCraft HFT: The BodyCraft HFT from Ironcompany is yet another impressive home gym unit. The unit features fibreglass impregnated nylon pulleys with sealed ball bearings. It also has independent and adjustable cable columns that allow you to train from any angle and any height. The unit features 31 height positions and 180 degrees’ rotation for the cables and handles.
The cables have high tensile strength. They will certainly last for ages. The weights and resistance are also easily adjustable to ensure the unit can be used by everyone in a home. The steel frame has protective stack covers that ensure no one gets hurt.
16) TYTAX T1-X Home Gym: The TYTAX T1-X home gym unit is ideal for home use, personal trainer studios, small fitness clubs and uniformed services units. The unit can accommodate over 200 exercises. You can hit all the major muscles of your body with this unit. This unit is made with the highest standards of the European Union.
It comes with a sliding bench that has a regulated angle of sitting and backrest. The pulleys are also very smooth, and they make your movements while training quite seamless. The unit also features a leg press, upper and lower gate, preacher bench, professional accessory rack, and many others.
The frame is made of high-quality steel. It has a very strong frame that will not bend or lose shape in ages. You can be certain you’ll be training on the machine for decades.
17) FORCE USA Monster G3: The Force USA Monster G3 is indeed a monster. This is the kind of machine you need if you want to engage in no-nonsense training. This machine features a power rack, a cable pulley, and a smith machine. These three will allow you to engage in over 75 high impact exercises. The machine has adjustable height positions and allows you to easily exercise your shoulders, arms, chest, back, and legs.
The heavy-duty steel power rack features j-hooks and safeties which are easily adjustable to ensure it is versatile. The tensions and weight are easily adjustable as well. Anyone in the home can easily use the machine.
18) MiM USA Functional Trainer: The MIM USA home gym does not lack much as far as a comprehensive work out unit is concerned. This machine has a weight of 480 lbs. and can accommodate a user weight of 350 lbs. The machine features copper busing that is very strong and adjustable cable length. It also comes with hard chrome plated sleeves that allow for multiple plates and barbell positions. It has a straight and curls bar storage pocket as well.
The unit also allows for different types of grips to ensure you can easily maintain a strong grip on the barbells while training. You can easily have a mixed grip, a sternum pull-up, one hand or one arm pull up, and many others.
19) Fitness Factory EXM1: The Fitness Factory EXMA is a solid home gym that features a myriad of workouts. It comes with a full leg press station. It also features a sectored cast iron weight stack. The weight stack goes up to 160 lbs. It is quite versatile, and anyone can train on it. The whole unit sits on a high-grade steel frame is it very strong and durable. It comes with a lifetime warranty. You’ll be training with the unit for many decades. The unit is ideal for a home gym and a personal trainer’s studio as well.
It comes with 3 very smooth pulleys that ensure your workouts are smooth and seamless. The unit also features high, low, and mid bar levels, to ensure people of different heights can easily train on it. Its versatility also ensures you can engage in limitless exercises, and hit multiple muscles.
20) Tomasar Olympic Weight Bench: The Tomasar Olympic workout unit features a weight bench with adjustable weights, a dual-action leg trainer, an adjustable foam roller, and an adjustable preacher curl. The weight bench and barbell rack are separable and can be used independently. That means more than one person can train on the unit at a given instant. It is a great option for your home gym.
The unit also ensures you can hit all the muscles in your body. It comes with training features that can accommodate whole body exercises. The unit has a moisture proof and rust free frame, that has a high-temperature multi-step paint job.
21) COSTWAY Home Gym: The COSTWAY home gym is a great option if you are operating on a tight budget. That should not make you think any less of it though. The machine is black in color and weighs 65 pounds. It also has a weight capacity of 220 pounds. The seat height is adjustable relative to the pulley, to ensure anyone can comfortable workout on it.
The unit features 6 muscle-sculpting workout positions. You can hit all the major muscles of your body using this machine. The high pulley allows exercises such as chest presses, chest flies, leg developers, and preacher curls. It also features a low pulley position for hitting the biceps and triceps.
21 Best Home Gyms 2020 Reviews
A great home gym should allow you to exercise all muscles in your body. The Body-Solid gym package comes in a sturdy and extra strong welded construction. It has a 3 by the 3-inch mainframe. It is a free-weight leverage gym that allows more than 40 exercises. You can use it to work your chest, arms, legs, ABS and many other muscles.
- The gym has a welded steel construction.
- It has a 3 by 3-inch mainframe
- It comes with over 40 exercises
- It weighs 705 pounds.
- Highly Functional – the Body-solid free-weight allows you to replicate real-life movements. This helps you adequately tune your body perfectly. Your natural body movements are the most appropriate for getting in a good shop. When mimicked with gym equipment, the results are always epic.
- Perfect Fit for Home Use- this gym is a great option for your home used. It weighs 705 pounds. If you have enough space for the set, you will only need barbells and weights, to have access to over 40 body-toning exercises.
- The Set is very Versatile- the gym set has a wide range of exercises you can do. You can hit virtually all major muscles with the set.
- The free-weights pose a risk of injury
- The machine is harder to learn to use as compared to others.
- You have to acquire barbells and weights separately.
The pros of the High-Solid home gym far outweigh the cons. It seems like a pretty fantastic home gym. The high versatility is a particularly desirable feature. The gym allows you a lot of exercise sequences, that mimic natural body movements, therefore being efficient and reducing the risk of injury. This is one of the best weight machines for home.
The Weider Ultimate Home Gym is yet another great option for a home gym. The set is basically an incline bench with pulley wheels on both sides. The set is very simple but very versatile. You can do almost over 50 exercises.
- The pulleys have varied resistance levels
- It has set has an adjustable incline bench
- It has 4 power bands and a cable pulley system
- It comes with an exercise guide.
- The set allows you to target every muscle on your body.
- The set uses resistance cables and pulley systems which are much safer than free weights.
- The set is very space efficient
- It is lightweight as compared to other sets. You can move it around.
- The pulley system is noisy.
- The plastic hand grips may feel uncomfortable.
The Weider ultimate is a simple home gym set. Using it is easy, and it has a myriad of exercises you can engage in. It comes with a wide manual to guide you through the same. The cable and pulley system make the set very versatile. It can be used by virtually anyone. This is one of the best compact home gyms.
The Bowflex Blaze home gym is an all-round home gym set. It consists of a flat bench and an upright pulley system on one end. You can use the cable pulley system or free weights too. You need to purchase the free weights separately though. It also allows you to do rowing and leg pressing exercises. You can do 60 exercises for a full body workout with the set.
- It has a power rod of resistance ranging between 270lbs and 410lbs.
- The set comes with seven trainer-built workout programs
- It has a sliding seat on the bench
- The bench is foldable
- The set has base wheels
- The set has a wide range of exercises you can engage in.
- It is space efficient
- It is relatively portable
- The workout programs are very efficient.
- You have to go through the assembly hassles.
- The set is too heavy. You may face a challenge when you want to move it over long distances.
- The resistance range is too high. Many people may not be able to use its cable system.
The Bowflex Blaze home gym is yet another very versatile home gym set. The set has a wide range of exercises you can do and several training programs. You can combine rowing exercises and power exercises. It is a great option. It should feature among your list of options. This is one of the best home gym equipment for weight loss.
The Body boss home gym is the true epitome of a simple home gym set. The set consists of collapsible bands and a table. It is extremely lightweight and simple to assemble. It is best suited for upper body exercises. It has over 300 exercises that you can engage in.
- The set has a foldable base table
- It comes with two bands with a resistance of up to 30 lbs.
- It comes with a 360 degrees rotatable barbell for doing squats.
- It comes with handles for bicep curl exercises.
- The gym set is very simple and versatile.
- It is highly portable
- The set is very space efficient.
- You can exercise all your muscles with the set
- The set cannot be used by heavy bodybuilders. It has no capacity for intense workouts.
The Body boss home gym set is designed to be simple and highly portable. It has great versatility too. These features are very desirable. The intensity of the exercises you can do with the set may be limited, but the efficiency and convenience of the set cannot be overlooked. This too is one of the best home gym equipment for losing weight.
The Total XLS is yet another simply built home gym set that delivers amazing versatility. The epitome of a great home gym is a simple build but many deliverables. The set can be used for over 80 exercises capable of hitting all the major muscle groups. It can be used by both beginners and seasoned trainers. Young children will find the set very resourceful too.
- It has wing attachments and leg pull accessories
- It has 400 lbs. weight capacity
- It has a foldable incline bench
- It comes with a wall chart with 35 exercises.
- The set is space efficient
- It is lightweight hence relatively portable
- The set is very versatile. Different people can use it.
- It allows a wide variety of exercises.
- It requires no assembly
- The gym set may not be appropriate for someone looking for intense workouts.
The Total XLS home gym is a great option if you are looking for a gym set for low-intensity cardio workouts. Its convenience and versatility are amazing. You can easily move and store it. It is safe for children from the age of 8 years to use. These features make it a great option for a home gym. This is arguably the best home gym under 500.
The Body-Solid strength home gym set is designed for heavyweight lifters and muscle builders. The set comes with a set of weight plates. The weights are sectorized at 10lbs on each plate. It has a total of 21 plates. A system of pulleys is used to lift the weights. The set is great for exercising arms, legs, chest and the ABS.
- The set is loaded with 210lbs of cast iron.
- The set has a 12-gauge high-tensile steel frame
- It has nylon pulleys with fiberglass reinforcement
- It is equipped with high-quality steel aircraft cables.
- The adjustable seat makes the gym set very versatile
- The set is very durable. It comes with a lifetime warranty
- It makes minimal to zero noise
- It has a wide variety of exercise you can engage in.
- High-intensity weightlifters will find it very resourceful.
- The set has too much assembly hassles. You may have to seek help if you can do it on your own.
- It is too bulky. Moving it, even a few inches, would be a real challenge.
- It has no leg press attachment.
The Body Solid Strength home gym, just like the name suggests, is made to enhance your strength and muscles. Young children may not be able to use the set though. If you a looking for a home gym set for high-intensity weight lifting exercises, this is the set for you. You need to ensure you have the space for it though.
The Marcy Multifunctional home gym is a top of the range gym set. The set is multifunctional. It allows a myriad of exercises, mainly muscle or body toning exercise. It has a premium steel construction and 150 pounds sectorized weight. It is equipped with dual action press arms for intense arm workouts. It comes with leg presses too.
- It is fitted with dual action press arms
- It has a leg developer press
- It comes with a removable bicep curl pad
- It comes with 150 lbs. sectorized weight
- It is a great option for weightlifting beginners
- it has minimal to zero noise.
- It has a wide range of exercises you can engage in.
- The set is very durable
- You have to go through the assembly hassles to set it up.
- The set and leg rests are not adjustable
The Marcy Multifunctional home gym seems to have a bit of everything you would want in a great gym set. The is a great option if you are looking for a high-intensity gym set, but you are on a compressed budget.
The Marcy MD-9010G is a fantastic home gym set. The set combines a squat rack, cable machine, smith machine and weights bench. That probably everything you need if you are looking to build muscles. The set has impressive features that make it arguably one of the best home gyms we have in the review.
- The set has leather upholstery
- It is fitted with dual action leg developer
- It has adjustable bar catches and safety stoppers
- It is fitted with Diamond plated non-slip foot pads
- The set has a durable and very sturdy frame
- It has very smooth actions on the cables and bearings
- It is a great option for high-intensity workouts
- The leather upholstery is comfy and durable
- The set is very versatile. It allows you to do a myriad of exercises.
- The set comes with a lot of hassles while assembling. It could take over 5 hours to set it up.
The Marcy MD-9010G is yet another top of the range home gym set. You may have to pay a pretty penny for it, but it would be worth. It is durable and has a lot of deliverables. Those looking to build muscles will find the set very resourceful. This is arguably the best home gym under 1000.
The body solid is yet another home gym set designed for power training. It comes with a 160-pound sectorized weight set and 2200-pound tension strength. The set is very versatile and durable. It has an 11-gauge steel frame that ensures it lasts long.
- It has 3 pulley sets; high, mid and low.
- It has chest press and leg press stations
- It comes with 160 lbs. sectorized weights
- It allows more than 40 exercises.
- The set is very durable. The manufacturer offers 10 years warranty.
- It allows a myriad of exercise routines
- It is easy to learn and use
- It comes while 90% assembled hence fewer assembly hassles.
- The set is very bulky. You may find it very challenging to move it.
- It does not feature a bench. You miss out on many effective bench exercises.
The Body-Solid powerline is yet another great home gym set. It is specifically designed for power and muscle training. It is versatile and durable. You can hit almost all your major muscles groups with the set. That’s the most basic features expected on a great gym set. It deserves to be part of your considerations.
This is an advanced home gym with unique features. Its finish is amazing as it comes with chrome plated rails and other metal attachments. The squat board is big and has enhanced pull-up and push-up bars fitted with twin handles. The gym supports up to 11 resistance levels hence making it accommodative to various body weights. The added sit up traps and extra attachments enhance the efficiency of the gym.
- The rails are chrome plated
- Can support up to 11 levels of resistance levels
- Has 3 and 4-point pulley system
- Comes with a dual side glide board pulleys
- Comes with ball bearing rollers
- Can accommodate users of up to 6 foot and 7 inches
- Can support up to 400 lbs. user weight capacity
- The gym comes fully assembled
- Can support up to 400 lbs. user weight capacity
- Has a big squatting board?
- The castors come in big sizes hence enhancing its portability
- Has folds and rolls which ensure the equipment are well stored
- The gym set is not suitable for high-intensity training exercises.
The Bayou total trainer is an all-around home gym set that has a simple design. It has a wide range of exercises you can engage in. For light exercises, this could be the perfect option for you.
This home gym comes with leg presses. It accommodates a 160lb weight stack which can be changed to 200 lbs. It features a fastened pulley system which enables users to have a variety of body exercises. The adjustable back pad and seat pad gives users comfort for exercise. The gym also has three workstations which are different hence allows users of all levels. the
- Leg press ratio of 2:1
- The weight stack can accommodate a weight of up to 160 lbs. But can be adjusted to 200 lbs.
- has low, medium and high-level pulleys
- adjustable back and seat pad
- has a multi-press station
Support people of different levels as the pulleys can accommodate the starters, intermediate and professionals.
- It allows a wide variety of exercises.
- The gym set has a very durable construction
- The gym is great for high-intensity workouts
- Tedious to assemble
- When it is not assembled correctly, it is very unstable
A home gym should provide support to the user’s ability. This gym set has three distinct workstations that allow users of many levels. The added foot press and other high-end features make the gym more efficient. The back pad and the seat pad well cushioned gives the user motivation. However, the disadvantages associated with the home gym can be avoided if a professional assemble the gym.
This is a home gym which is designed to accommodate up to 2 users to exercise simultaneously. This home gym is fitted with many attachments which helps in ensuring overall body exercises. They enable the incline press, bench and shoulder press. The well cushioned back and seat pads increases the comfortability and safety of the user.
- Can accommodate up to 2 users.
- Have two weight stacks each 200 lbs.
- Leg Press and calf press on a 2:1 ratio
- Provide up to 6 resistance levels
- Well cushioned back pad
- Heavy gauged steel frame
- The well cushioned pads provide support
- The weight stack is placed at easy reach hence increase safety of the gym
- The weight stack is non- slip
- Difficult to assemble
For a home gym which can support more than one user, this is a good choice as it can allow up to 2 users. You exercise simultaneously, which can reduce the time used in other home gyms where one has to wait for the other partner to finish. This feature increases motivation. The disadvantage associated with the gym can be avoided when one consults a professional. The safety features and ability to provide all body exercise makes one to recommend this kind of home gym.
Best Home Gyms 2020 – Buyer’s Guide
The reviews above aim at helping you better understand the specifics of home gyms. All these sets above have been explored and established to be great. The best one for you depends on your specific situation. There are several factors you are supposed to consider before settling on a particular gym set. These considerations will ensure you get the best home gym for the money you have. The factors are;
- Type of Exercise
The type of exercise you wish to engage in is a crucial determinant of the home gym set you get. If you want to engage in rowing exercises, you need to get a different gym set from someone looking for weight lifting set. Others may be looking for a machine for cardio exercises too. These machines allow different types of exercises. Ensure you choose the one that has the deliverables you are looking for.
The machines come in different sizes. Before purchasing one. You need to ensure you have enough space for it. Some of the sets are conveniently foldable. You can fold them and store keep them away. Others are bulky and large. If you have enough space, it is always prudent to go for the set that can live up to your expectations.
The different sets have different levels of versatility. The more exercises a gym set can accommodate, the better it is. Its components need to be adjustable too, to allow many people to be able to use the gym set.
If you want a family home gym that can be used by children, you need to ensure it has ample safety features. For instance, a gym set with free weights can never be appropriate for children. The levels of resistance and weights need to coincide with the users too.
The reviews and buying guide above should help you narrow down to your most preferred home gym set. The review is long though. Choosing the best home gym machine should not be very difficult anymore. You may not be able to recall all the details in it. As such, below is a comparison table of the various home gyms sets featured. The review highlights their features and respective prices.
|Body-Solid Home Gym Package||Check Price|
|Weider Ultimate Home Gym||Check Price|
|Bowflex Blaze Home Gym||Check Price|
|Total XLS Home Gym||Check Price|
|Body Solid Strength Home Gym||Check Price|
|Marcy Multifunctional Home Gym||Check Price|
|Marcy MD-9010G Home Gym||Check Price|
|Body Solid Powerline Home Gym||Check Price|
|Body Solid Powerline Home Gym||Check Price|
|Bayou Fitness Total Trainer Home Gym||Check Price|
|Powerline Home Gym||Check Price|
|Body- Solid Light Commercial Gym||Check Price|
- Best Water Bottles
- Best Swim Cap To Keep Hair Dry
- Best Sports Watches for Women
- Best Sports Watches for Men
- Best Smoothie Blenders
- Best Rowing Machines
- Best Recumbent Bike
- Best Kettlebells
- Best Headbands for Running
- Best Exercise Bikes
- Best Crossfit Jump Ropes
- Best Adjustable Dumbbells
- Best Stepper Machines
- Best Trampolines
- Best Whey Protein
- Best Inversion Tables