Everyone has fitness goals that they desire to achieve. You can only achieve those goals if you work towards them. Cardio exercises are a significant part of workouts. The best exercise bike will go a long way helping you to have some great cardio sessions. You could use them to build some muscle too.
There are many types of exercise bikes available in the market. Finding the best stationary bike may not be very straightforward if you do not know the specifics of a good exercise bike. There aren’t many exercise bike reviews available either. You might be wondering which the best type of exercise bike is. Wonder no more! This is a review of various exercise bike that we have established to be effective. The review should help you narrow down to your best-suited option for an exercise bike. Tag along and let’s get you the best indoor bike.
Best Exercise Bikes 2018
- Keiser M31 Indoor Exercise Bike – It is a top of the range bike with a magnetic flywheel tension system.
- Exerpeutic Folding Exercise Bike – It is a foldable upright exercise bike that is ideal for a home.
- Assault Airbike Exercise Bike – It is a computerized exercise bike with unlimited tension
- Stamina Elite Exercise Bike – The bike has a magnetic tension system. It allows both upper and lower body exercises.
- Exerpeutic 900XL Exercise Bike – The bike comes in a 3-piece crank system and a recumbent design. Many recumbent exercise bike reviews have it as a top-rated bike.
- Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike – The bike has a step-through and recumbent design
- Fitdesk Exercise Bike – This is a work desk exercise bike that allows you to pedal while working
- Sunny Health and Fitness SF-B1002 Exercise Bike – it’s a heavy-duty bike ideal for light and medium intensity workouts.
- Schwinn AD6 Airdyne Exercise Bike – it is a heavy-duty bike ideal for high-intensity workouts.
- ProGear Foldable Exercise Bike – It is a home-based exercise bike. It comes in a foldable and upright design
- Sunny Health and Fitness Pro Exercise Bike – This bike has a 40-pound flywheel for optimal tension. It is ideal for high-intensity workouts.
- Diamondback 51OSR Exercise Bike – It is a heavy-duty bike with 16 levels of resistant. It comes in a recumbent design.
The Keiser M31 exercise bike comes in a compact and sturdy design, which delivers some of the best exercising experiences. It has a quiet magnetic flywheel system that delivers 24 levels of resistance. The bike comes with numerous exciting features that offer you an exceptional training experience.
- The bike has Bluetooth connectivity
- The seat is fully adjustable
- It comes with a 4-way handle
- It has a magnetic flywheel resistance system
- The bike has caster wheel for easy movement
- You can conveniently monitor your training parameters on your phone through the Bluetooth connection.
- The adjustability of the bike’s saddle and handles makes it very versatile
- The bike makes no Noise
- You have to incur an extra cost for assembly.
- The bike does not come with any workout programs.
The Keiser M31 seems like a fantastic option for your home-based exercise needs. It has all the essential features of a great exercise bike. You will undoubtedly get some results with this bike. Its reviews on Amazon are overwhelmingly positive. That’s proof that it has lived up to the expectations of many.
The Exerpeutic folding bike is a great option for a home-based exercise bike. The bike comes in a compact and heavy-duty design, to ensure your training session falls short of nothing. The bike is equipped with some of the most impressive features you find on an exercise bike. A stationary bike review is not complete without this exercise bike.
- The bike has a heart rate monitor
- It works with an 8-level magnetic resistance system
- It is equipped with an LCD panel
- It is adjustable to be used by people between the heights of 5’3 and 6’1
- The bike’s foldable design is very space efficient
- It is easy to assemble the bike
- It has a huge seat cushion that offers ample comfort
- The heart rate monitor and LCD panel make it very convenient to follow up on your training parameters
- The bike is rather heavy
- The resistance levels may not be adequate for intensive training
The Exerpeutic folding bike seems like a fantastic home-based exercise bike. It does not have very high resistance levels, so you may be able to engage in very intense routine. It will do the trick if all you need are light cardio exercises. This bike is arguably the best exercise bike for home.
The Assault Airbike is the ultimate exercise bike. It comes with infinite resistance and a computerized operation. The bike comes with many other impressive features, which make it one of the best stationary bikes in the review.
- The exercise bike comes with a 25-inch diameter steel fan with unlimited tension
- It has a full-adjustable saddle
- It comes with pre-programmed training routines
- It has a computerized display panel
- The adjustability of the saddle makes it an excellent option for many people
- It is an excellent option for intense training routines
- The computerized system is very efficient and convenient to use
- The bike has a very durable construction
- The exercise bike is rather heavy.
- The infinite resistance might tempt you to push yourself beyond your threshold. You could easily injure yourself.
The Assault Airbike is a top-rated exercise bike, that is very appropriate for professional gyms. It has all the necessary features for a productive workout session. The bike undoubtedly lives up to the expectations of many people. It is arguably the best exercise bike to lose weight.
The Stamina Elite exercise bike is designed for both upper and lower body exercises. It works with a very quiet magnetic tension system. It has a very compact and sturdy design. The bike packs some very impressive features that will make your work out sessions something to look forward to.
- The bike comes with a multi-functional display unit
- It has foot and hand pedals
- It has pulse sensors and a heart rate monitor
- The bike has an angled saddle
- The bike has caster wheel for easy movement
- It allows full body exercises
- The saddle design relieves pressure from your back
- It has a quiet and smooth pedaling system
- You cannot use the hand and foot pedal simultaneously.
- The resistance levels are a bit low. It may not be ideal for intense training
The Stamina Elite exercise bike is a great option for a home-based exercise bike. It has all the essential features of a good exercise bike. It will work great for you if all you need are light cardio exercises. Many who have used the bike have given it good ratings. This could easily be the most comfortable exercise bike.
We have yet another Exerpeutic exercise bike, the 900XL. The bike features a 3-piece crank system and a recumbent design. The bike allows you to sit comfortably without straining your back. The bike comes with all features you would want in a great exercise bike.
- It comes with an LCD.
- Its seat is oversized with a backrest.
- It has a recumbent design.
- To prevent foot slippage, it has a large pedal design.
- For work intensity, the bike has eight levels of magnetic resistance.
- It is easier to move as it has its transport wheels.
- It is adjustable. Therefore, it can be used by more than one person.
- It is fairly priced.
- It is very convenient for cardiovascular training.
- Complicated assembly instructions.
- It is not convenient for intensive training.
- Adjusting seat setting is demanding and time-consuming.
- The workout programs are not pre-programmed.
If you are looking for an exercise bike fit for seniors, the Exerpeutic 900XL will certainly fit the description. It puts you in a pressure-free position, to allow you to workout efficiently. Young children can use the bike too. It is an excellent option for cardio exercises. This is arguably the best recumbent exercise bike in the review. It is the best budget exercise bike too.
The Marcy Recumbent exercise bike is yet another bike that is very comfortable to ride. It has a reclined seat that allows you to sit in a pressure-free position while pedaling.
- The bike comes with eight tension levels
- It features a step-through design
- It has a reclined seat
- It is fitted with a computerized display panel
- The bike is lightweight
- The reclined seat is very comfortable
- Your legs are allowed enough room to generate push
- The computerized display is very convenient
- The bike may not be appropriate for high-intensity exercises
The Mercy Recumbent is yet another fantastic option for a home-based exercise bike. It has excellent convenience and works efficiently. It is great for light exercise. It can be used by children and elderly people too. This bike could be the best exercise bikes for back problems.
The Fitdesk Exercise Bike is a unique and interesting bike. It is designed to allow you to work while doing some cardio exercises at the same time. The bike comes with a twin belt tension system, which allows smooth and noiseless pedaling.
- It has a fully adjustable saddle.
- It is fitted with a digital meter.
- Its gearbox is of high quality.
- Its flywheel is of high-velocity.
- It possesses a twin-belt system.
- The bike is versatile due to its adjustable saddle.
- It is possible to monitor the various exercise parameters as it is fitted with a digital meter.
- It has minimal noise due to the presence of the twin-belt system.
- One can work while exercising.
- At first, the bike’s saddle feels very uncomfortable.
- It has low levels of resistance.
The Fitdesk is an exercise bike that is meant to help you concentrate on your work. The pedals are very smooth. The pedaling action does have some physical benefits too. The bike has been hailed as a comfort inducing bike by many who have used it before.
The Sunny health SF-B1002 is an exercise bike comes in a heavy-duty and compact construction. It is designed for light and medium intensity workouts. It could work great as either a home-based or professional gym exercise bike.
- It has transport wheels for its easier movement.
- Fitted with accessories such as a metal water bottle holder.
- It has an adjustable seat.
- It possesses a 49 pounds flywheel.
- The bike is equipped with a belt drive system.
- There is minimal noise as the bike is fitted with a belt-drive system.
- It is suited to users of various heights due to its adjustable seat.
- The users can customize their training as the bike has adjustable resistance setting.
- Its pedals have wide straps to cater to any shoe size.
- It is not convenient for intensive training due to inadequate resistance levels.
The Sunny health SF-B1002 is a fantastic exercise bike to have at home. It may not be the ultimate bike for a gym setting, but it can still do the trick. It comes with all the essential features of a great exercise bike.
The Schwinn AD6 may be described as the ultimate exercise bike. The bike comes with impressive features and will indeed live up to the task. It has top of the range features and delivers an enviable performance.
- It has a self-balancing and strapped foot-pedals.
- A wind resistance system is fitted on the bike.
- Its belt drive system is a single-stage one.
- It is equipped with an LCD console.
- Its fan is quiet and frictionless.
- The LCD console conveniently displays the parameters.
- There is no energy wastage as the pedals are self-balancing.
- The RPM gauge eases the interval training.
- The absence of programs or user profiles on the bike is somewhat disappointing.
- The seat can only be adjusted vertically.
The Schwinn AD6 is a top of the range exercise bike that can help you achieve your fitness goals. It is an excellent option for a professional gym, but it wouldn’t hurt to have it at home either.
The ProGear foldable bike is designed for home-based used. It folds easily for proper storage. The bike comes with numerous impressive features that make it one of the best options for a home-based exercise bike.
- It is fitted with a computerized LCD screen.
- Its transmission flywheel is dual.
- 220Ibs is the user weight threshold.
- It possesses an 8-level magnetic tension control system.
- It is foldable, therefore, can be stored in squeezed spaces.
- Easy to monitor one’s progress due to the presence of an LCD screen.
- Delivery of high tensions is made possible by the dual transmission flywheel.
- A variety of tension levels are present in the bike.
- The absence of back support on the saddle is rather disappointing.
- There are no exercise programs on the bike.
The ProGear Foldable exercise bike seems like a fantastic bike. It has very convenient features and will certainly help you achieve some level of success with your fitness goals. It is arguably the best bike for home use that we have in the review. It may easily be the best upright exercise bike. It is one of the best exercise bikes under 200.
We have yet another Sunny Health and Fitness exercise bike. Its features are almost similar to those on the one above. It is a heavy-duty bike that is ideal for high-intensity workout routines.
- It comes with base transport wheels.
- Its crank system is a heavy-duty one.
- It is fitted with a 40-pound flywheel.
- The bike has a chain drive system.
- Its heavy flywheel delivers high tension levels.
- It is easy to move it around as it possesses the transport wheels.
- It is possible to adjust the tension as the bike has a pushdown break.
- The user experiences the feeling of real road cycling.
- It is not convenient for intensive training due to its inadequate tension level.
The Sunny Health and Fitness pro is a top-rated exercise bike with a fantastic performance. The reviews on Amazon about the bike are amazing. The bikes seem to have helped many achieve their fitness goals. It may be the best exercise bike for weight loss in the review. It is the best exercise bike under 500.
The Diamondback 51OSR exercise bike comes in a recumbent design. It boasts of possibly the best ergonomics you will see on an excise bike. The bike is a top of the range bike and comes with the some of the best features of an exercise bike.
- It has 16 levels of resistance.
- An mp3 connectivity is fitted on the bike.
- It is equipped with 20 inbuilt training programs.
- It comes with an eddy current braking system.
- A variety of resistance levels exist on the bike.
- The bike has an additional, admirable mp3 connectivity feature.
- It is fitted with a comfortable seat.
- Monitoring of one’s progress is made possible by the presence of an LCD user-interface.
- It is not convenient for upper body exercises.
The Diamondback 51ORS is a fantastic exercise bike. A closer look at the features of the bike reveals a very effective exercise bike. You will most likely enjoy every bit of having this exercise bike at your disposal. It is most likely the best exercise bike recumbent.
Best Exercise Bikes 2018 – Buyer’s Guide
Factors to consider when buying exercise bikes
- The level of resistance
A good exercise bike should have more resistance levels. Many cheaper models of exercise bikes possess fewer resistance levels, therefore, more prone to wear and tear. It is therefore advisable to buy an expensive bike but with many resistance levels as they are more convenient during the workout and are also long-lasting. This reduces the cost of repair and maintenance.
- The material used
The material used to manufacture the exercise bike should be durable and long-lasting. The material should have the capacity to withstand the user’s weight without unnecessary breakage. The material should also not be prone to rust. Metallic materials are durable and long-lasting as compared to plastic materials.
- Transport wheels
If the exercise bike is to be confined to a single room, then one can purchase the one without the transport wheels. This is because it is cheaper as compared to the ones with transport wheels. However, if one intends to be moving the exercise machine from one place to another, it is prudent to purchase the one with the transport wheels.
The review and buying guide above should help you narrow down to your best-suited exercise bike. Purchasing the best stationary bike should no longer be such a daunting task. You should be able to get the best exercise bike for the money you have.
- Best Water Bottles
- Best Swim Cap To Keep Hair Dry
- Best Sports Watches for Women
- Best Sports Watches for Men
- Best Smoothie Blenders
- Best Rowing Machines
- Best Recumbent Bike
- Best Kettlebells
- Best Headbands for Running
- Best Crossfit Jump Ropes
- Best Adjustable Dumbbells
- Best Stepper Machines
- Best Trampolines
- Best Whey Protein
- Best Home Gyms
- Best Inversion Tables